The Kossuth Square was built on an old reformed Christian cemetery where victims of The Great Plague were being buried here during 1710 and 1711. After the burials the cemetery was closed down. In the 19th century the square served as a marketplace and, in sense, has still not lost this function until this day in form of a small market and the town shopping centre. The square was rebuilt into its current form in 2012. The fountain with comfortable seating and a playground are accompanied with well situated parking lot and a short distance from city centre.
Send feedback - Error report